After School Program Information
Enrichment After-School Program - The Lawrence Family Development Charter School offers a quality After-School Program to families of our school who are seeking an affordable option that provides a safe, structured environment for children in K-1 through Grade 6. The After-School Program (ASP) operates Monday through Friday. The program for K-1 students is offered from 3:15-5pm, K-2 and Grade 1 from 3:15-6pm at the Academy for Early Academic Preparation and Grades 2-6 from 3:30-6 pm at the Upper School. The weekly fee is $50 per child, and discounts are given to families enrolling two or more children. Activities include indoor and outdoor sports, creative arts, enrichment activities and more. Following school’s dismissal, the program begins with a healthy snack followed by play time and homework assistance. Our staff consists of trained professionals and paraprofessionals who have a strong commitment to the education and well-being of our students.
Activities, Clubs and Partnerships After-School - The After-School Program oversees a number of activities, clubs, teams and partnerships which are also open to students in grades 4-8. Each year, a brochure with details, dates and specific prices for each activity is sent home with students. For an up-to-date listing of our after-school programs, please click here to view the most current After School Program Brochure.
Extended Year - Special Programs
LFDCS offers opportunities for enrichment and academic growth through valued partnerships which support our mission.
- Summer Academics – Getting on Track (4 weeks) LFDCS provides a four-week academic intervention session for students not at benchmark in reading to address learning gaps and improve fluency and comprehension. The program requires attendance and successful participation prior to promotion to the next grade level. Small group instruction with certified staff is LFDCS’ investment in student progress. Breakfast and lunch is available for all LFDCS students.
- Summer Enrichment – Learning and Fun (4 weeks) LFDCS offers a four-week summer enrichment program to extend the academic day, assist parents with summer child care and provide special activities for fun and learning. A $240 fee covers all participation fees and a weekly field trip to theaters, museums or historic sites. Lunch and snacks are provided.
- SSAT Prep – Readiness for High School Testing LFDCS provides a four-week readiness program to help students, who have completed Grade 7, prepare for the SSAT testing that is part of admissions to admissions-based schools. Students are invited to participate in morning sessions focused on advanced problem solving in math, vocabulary and analogies. A weekly off-site trip introduces students to the rich educational and cultural resources of Essex County and Greater Boston. Secondary schools, colleges and theatre productions expand vision in planning for the future.
- Prep @ Pingree, directed by a Pingree School Math Instructor, is a multi-dimensional summer readiness program for identified academic scholars completing grades 6 or 7 from Lawrence. LFDCS has been a participating school since the founding in 2002, annually sending students to immersion in a private secondary school experience. One hundred percent (100%) of LFDCS students enrolled in Prep @ Pingree have been accepted to one or more prestigious admissions-based schools.
- Gov's Plus, originally called Project RISE, was piloted in the summer of 2006, through the efforts of former LFDCS Board Member, Howard Stickler and the Admissions Office at Governor's Academy. A boarding school experience welcomed a dozen Lawrence students including four students from LFDCS. This enriching experience offered annually each summer helps parents and students see boarding school as a positive option for their education.